Friday, August 15, 2008

Planes, Bikes and Bruises

This week was rather fun for all of us! Wednesday night we all headed out to the local mini-airstrip for some model air plane flying. It was Ramin and Chris' second time out so they still weren't that great. On Wednesday night's there are members from a club there that help newbies figure out what they're doing. Babak wanted to bring Belle along for the ride. She rode well in the car and did good at the park for the most part. She whines so much though :P I took a bunch of pictures at that place. Ramin did a good chunk of the flying and takeoff/landings. On one of his landings he did something weird and zoomed it right into the orange temporary fence. Luckily no damage was suffered :) Chris also flew the plane once it was up in there, he needs some more practice in the flight sim before trying to land.


Today, Ramin, Babak and I headed up to the Solitude Ski Resort as they have summer activities you can do. You can ride the lift up and head down a number of bike or hiking trails. We piled all 3 of our bikes into the Titan (LOVE that truck!) and headed up. We already have helmets and cool gear. I even have riding gloves from when Lisa and I went biking in Moab a few years back. Anyway, we were on the "easy" trail and low and behold there's a huge dip. I could tell the entire story but suffice it to say, there was a huge dip, I misjudged distance and slammed on my brakes too hard. My front tire stopped and I kept going right over my bike. I basically slid flat on my chest a bit and dragged my elbows along for the ride. The picture of some of the damage is below. It hurts worse than it looks. Usually people say that phrase just the opposite. This shit STINGS! I'm all bandaged up now thanks to Ramin's help. He called me a trooper for taking a fall like that and getting right back up and finishing the trail. We even took the lift up again a second time and went down again. That was it for me though. My neck was already sore this week for some strange reason, and the fall apparently made it worse. I took 800 mg of Ibuprofen :D.


This week was fun! Yes I did get hurt and I've got a TON of bruises on my legs and arms, but after falling like that and not seriously breaking a bone (which I've done before many times) I actually felt kinda rejuvenated and relieved that I hurt myself like that finally. It was bound to happen. I need to practice my biking skills on the trail back near our house a bit more :)

1 comment:

bob's bs said...

I believe that's called an "endo", as in "end over teakettle". That's "Old Man Talk" for you youngsters.