Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I can now ride a motorcycle!

Over this past weekend Ramin and I took a two-day ride education course to learn to ride a motorcycle. We took it from Utah Rider Education and they held it at Murray High School. For the first half of both Saturday and Sunday we did classroom teaching with a booklet and videos...it was rather interesting. From about noon until 5 pm on Saturday we were outside on the bikes. Boy was it tough at first for me. For someone who never learned how to drive a manual transmission car, learning the bike was rather hard. But by the end of the day I got the hang of it and rarely stalled the bike. Motorcycles are rather forgiving honestly. Oh, and I hate first gear :P On the second day we did more classroom learning and took our written exam...Ramin got 100% and I got 98% - I missed one question that I originally had the right answer on. I started thinking too much about it and questioned myself. Anyway - Sunday on the range was nuts. We were out there from about 12:30 until 6:30. We got rained on HARD - and hailed on....we were all soaked for about an hour and then the sun came out again. We practiced our figure 8's and weaving and swerving. It was way fun! I love weaving in and out of the cones. At the end we all did our test one by one - there were 11 of us total. I gotta say I think I did better than some of the guys out there :) I got a 90% on the road test and Ramin got 85% - but it doesn't matter cause we both passed! The plan now is to go get our licenses sometime soon. Ramin plans to get a bike soon as well so he can drive it to work before winter comes. After that he'll drive the Titan and I'll drive the Audi.

Oh BTW - the Avenger is now parked permanently at Mom and Bob's house. It was rather convenient as we had planned to keep it there when it was time. Last week I was there to pick up some of my old Barbie stuff and when I went to start the car, it didn't work. It was so strange. Bob was there with me. It's like the car knew that it was time for it to park itself. So Ramin, Chris and Ramin's brother (Babak) came in the truck and picked me up. We covered up the car and it will be fine there. We left a small amount of insurance on it in case anything happens to it while it's parked. It will become the project car in time. I don't have the heart to ever get rid of it because I have so many memories with that car. Just thinking about it now I'm getting tears in my eyes. It's been a very good car to me and I love it. One day it will run again and it will be better than it ever was before.

So that's been my last week. Ramin and I are taking this Friday off so we can go mountain biking with Babak. I'll try to take pictures and post them up.

No comments: