Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Break

It's nice having no school for a few weeks. I don't have anything nagging in the back of my head like "gotta read that chapter" or "I gotta study for that quiz" - none of that! It's nice. I did a bit of job searching today. Not because I want to leave eBay, on the contrary. I just wanted to see what types of jobs are available to me here in Utah once I graduate with my degrees. There are a lot more than I previously thought it turns out. Even opportunities in Psychology with a lowly Bachelor's. We'll have to see what happens. I'm doing rather well at eBay right now. Things have calmed down A LOT. We're still in fast paced mode but I'm not being pulled in 5 directions at once anymore. It's more like I'm being pulled in 2 directions at any given time :) But that I can handle.
There are and have been some recent job postings I could/should have applied for within eBay. But I'm not sure that it's the right time for me. I do still have two of the toughest semesters of my life coming up and I want to feel secure I'm in my job doing the best I can. In my current spot I know everything that needs to be done and I know how to do it on my own. If I moved to a new spot there's lots of things to learn and I'm not sure I want that extra stress. As hard as it is for me to let opportunities pass me by, I know it's for the greater good. I need to be patient and bide my time...I need to enjoy my last 2 semesters of school and learn as much as I can. Come this time next year, I can start thinking about the future!

No comments: