Friday, July 4, 2008

The Seeds















I decided I ought to take some pictures of my container garden plants so that I can
follow their transformation over the summer. All of the containers have been growing really well, minus one. The container with the petunias and the big red thing in the middle was planted after I realized that the seeds in that container didn't want to do anything :P Strangely enough, after I planted the petunias, the seeds started growing...so it will be interesting to see what that pot looks like come September. All the rest of the containers, however, started out empty and I took care of them from seedlings :) I'm rather proud of how I can get things to grow fairly well. I also threw in a picture of our house in the day time...most people probably just know of the house picture during the winter time right before we moved in. Notice my ornamentation above the garage - it was one of the first things I HAD to HAVE when we moved in. This neighborhood is pretty notorious for people putting ornamentation above their garages or on the side of their entrance ways...I like it!

We also have some strange plants growing on the side of the house, ones that we did not plant. There is a peach tropcial looking one, I think it's some kind of lily. The other bush is a carnation bush! I had no idea we could grow those here, but apparently so! They look white in the picture but they're really light pink. I love taking pictures of all the various plants...even though our yard is pretty crappy haha. I threw in a picture of our neighbor's house to the west, they've done a good job with their flowers and yard....so they probably hate that our yard looks ugly :P Oh well....anyway, that's the flowers and front yard as they stand now. Transformation is always fun to watch!!

2 comments:

Crackerjack said...

I noticed there was a weed in the other flower box and I tried to pull it out but it stuck me and started bleeding all over the place, no not really but that damned weed is still in there.

Jenn said...

You better show me which flower box you're talking about cause none of my containers have weeds!!!