Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Burnt Yet?

I'm busy these days. And I'm getting burned out. I'm trying to stay positive and keep hope that it will pass, but it won't. eBay won our lawsuit against Tiffany & Co....but we still have LVHM that we lost against...I have plenty upon plenty of things to do at work, just in my department alone. Add to that a HUGE project. I'm essentially a project coordinator for a section of one of the largest turnaround projects I've ever experienced at work. Add to this a new supervisor on my team who is great, but still new...so I must take on a lot of other duties on my team in order to meet monthly expectations.

That was work, which is occupying pretty much every day of my life these days. One day I'm working a day shift from 9 am until 6 pm or later...the next day I'm back to swing shift from 2 pm until midnight...it's always changing. Then comes school. I still go Tuesdays and Thursdays. Summer semester is almost over thank goodness...just 2 more weeks! But I've gotta find time to study for 2 final exams and write a 5 page research paper AND prepare for a 20-minute group presentation.

I tried so hard over the past few weeks to tell myself that I can make it through all of this. With so much on my plate it's finally taken a toll on me. We have all of this overtime at work, which I'd LOVE to do, but I cannot honestly bring myself to stay any longer than I have to these days, even though I've always got things I could be working on.

I just want to sleep....for a really long time............and take care of my flowers :)

2 comments:

bob's bs said...

Before I met your Mom, I would go up to Red Butte Garden just to sit and think. Take a few pictures. Read. Anything but think about work. Are you taking your classes AT the U? If so, it's a natural!
redbuttegarden.org

Jenn said...

That's a good idea...I can probably stop there after my Tuesday night class :)
I did sleep for 10 hours last night...it was nice and I'm refreshed.