Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Honeymoon!

Our wedding was Friday...but we didn't leave on our honeymoon until Monday morning. This was good because we had the entire weekend to rest and relax with our parents who were all still in town. I really enjoyed this time and it went by entirely too fast!

So Monday morning we headed to the airport, took a 3.5 hour flight over to Chicago and jumped on our 777 to London's Heathrow Airport! I tried to sleep on the plane because I knew we'd be arriving there around 7 am....which meant we wouldn't be sleeping. I barely slept at all because I just wasn't tired and it was too uncomfortable for me....so oh well for that.

We arrived in London, headed to our hotel, freshened up a bit, had their pretty awesome buffet breakfast and headed out on our first round of sightseeing! I am going to post each day within it's own post to make it easier on myself.

I have two regrets for the entire honeymoon: 1) I didn't get any pictures of the us on the Underground! We spent so much time travelling on the subway that I'm sad we didn't really document that experience! 2) I wore HORRIBLE shoes! I thought I had brought my good pair of Saucony's....but they did a number on my feet for sure. I had a big blister on my pinky toe from it getting squished and my heels were super painful too. After a few days though we hit up London's exclusive pharmacy, Boots, and bought some supplies. By the end of the trip I was feeling MUCH better...and we weren't walking around as much so that helped.

Anyway - here we go!

No comments: