Thursday, April 12, 2012

Honeymoon - Day 4

This day was ALL about Paris! It started out as a very early day because we had to catch the Eurostar high speed train at like 5:30 am or something like that! This is the train that goes through the Chunnel. Here's how our day in Paris went:


  1. Take the Eurostar to Paris
  2. Take the subway to Notre Dame
  3. Take the subway to the Eiffel Tower
  4. Tour the Eiffel Tower (we had reserved tickets so we were able to bypass the massively long line to go up!)
  5. Take the bug over to the Lourve
  6. Make a bee-line for the Mona Lisa
  7. Get outta there and head back to the train station to catch the 5:30 train back to London!
I'll start off by saying that I really dislike France. The people are not very nice and it just wasn't all that I wanted it to be. Granted, it was kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy because we knew it would kinda suck...and it did. We did get screwed over by the guy in the subway station trying to help us buy our tickets for the subway. He bought us child tickets that were one way, so we almost got stuck. I do realize that it's our own fault we don't speak French, but come on! For such a touristy place as Paris is, it was NOT tourist friendly AT ALL! Their signage was garbage!

Anyway, on to the pictures!

This was at St. Pancras station. I wish Ramin would have snapped a few more pictures here but we just didn't have time cause we had to get on the train!

Our arrival in Paris and our first site was the Seine River!

Notre Dame

This was how I pictured the cathedral looking because this is the better view of it - remember, I like side profiles rather than frontal shots :P

Our arrival at the Tower

The view from halfway up the tower - really incredible!

Ramin looking down on me with the city in the background

...and me looking up at Ramin (this is probably my favorite shot in Paris)

We were so lucky to have a nice lady take our picture for us with the tower in the background (she wasn't French :P)

This is one very small portion of the Lourve - I was in absolute AWE when we got here. I literally had no idea how amazing it would be - and this was just the outside!

Ramin in front of the entrance. I always knew about the glass pyramid but I didn't realize it was actually the entrance!

One of the massive halls

There it is. I'm not sure it really sunk in that I was standing in front of the real Mona Lisa....probably because I don't understand why it's so special :P


The end! We headed back to the train station at this point. It may not seem like we did a lot, but there was lots of walking and waiting around at the Eiffel Tower. Just to get on the damn elevators took forever, even with our pass - especially going DOWN!

No comments: