Saturday, May 16, 2009

Painting

I had a very productive week this week! I am very proud of myself! Ramin left for Connecticut on business Thursday morning and I decided it would be a good time to get some painting done while he was out of town. Originally I had wanted to paint the office, both bathrooms upstairs and the main wall in the family room, however, after painting just the office and the master bathroom, I think I'm done painting for a while :) Here are the progress pictures!

The office was hard to paint because the desks we have in there are HUGE and cannot be moved easily unless they are taken apart. Instead of doing that I just decided to work around them and paint individual walls and shift things around.

Because of the shifting I was able to paint some of each side of the window wall, however my desk was still in the way at this point so I couldn't paint it all - this picture shows a nice contrast between the white and the pale green color I used called River Reed.

I did use drop cloths, although I'm a good painter and didn't drop any paint. The drop cloths were pretty much just annoying :P I did a good job of taping up all of the trimming as well.

The living room looked like a disaster area for the past 3 days because it was the holding place for all of my junk from the office while I was painting. You can see all of my books :P

Ramin's desk in the completed room. I reorganizing everything and felt good to be able to clean things up and dust everything off!

My desk in the completed room. Again, you can see the contrast of the paint with the closet doors. Keep in my mind that I chose this color not only because it's a soothing color for an office, but also because this will be a nursery when it's time to have kids....so I was thinking ahead ;)

And my newly organized bookshelf! I'm so proud of all my books! I have recently purged some books so the ones left are the good ones. Ramin has a little section of the books in the lower right hand corner of the bottom shelf :P He has like 4 books.

Ok, bathrooms SUCK to paint! All of the little crevices and corners, PAIN IN THE NECK! I don't think I'll be painting the other bathroom up here - it's just not worth it. Also, the color we chose for the bathrooms and living room is a light almond color, VERY subtle and I'm kind of mad I didn't get a test sample first. I of course notice the difference because I pay attention to color, however, most people probably wouldn't.

The bathroom is finished now, but it's not worth taking pictures because you can't notice anything different :P So I've only included the contrast pictures from when the job was in progress.


So, painting was hard and I don't think I want to spend the last week of my sabbatical doing it. Instead, I plan to get lots of sun, catch up on some good reading, create some scrapbook pages and organize my music on my computer. The past 3 weeks have been a whirl wind and I'm kind of ready to just spend a few days at home lounging around....after all, I am on sabbatical right?!?!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Awesome!! Love the study. And that the color will work for the future ;o)

Bathrooms ARE hard to paint, huh! I won't be doing my bathroom for awhile (did the kids one last fall)

Love the pics! Your books look great.