Friday, May 29, 2009

Good Chick Flicks

So I had a chance to watch some good chick flicks this week. Tonight I watched "Rumor Has It" with Jennifer Anniston and Kevin Costner. Man was it good. It was funny and sad and kinda makes you think about your own life - I like movies like that. Sure it's a chick flick but what's a chick flick really? It's a movie about relationships. It doesn't have action or suspense (usually) but you can relate to it and think about the story. That's why chick flicks are good. I think they really help women understand themselves in a certain regard. The other movie I watched this week was "Waitress" with Kerri Russell - also very good movie. Quirky, funny and a bit sad as well. I always cry at pretty much any movie so it might not be sad for everyone. Here are the trailers for the movie if you're interested in checking them out. And if you're a guy, I say don't shy away from so called chick flicks, especially the good quirky ones, cause those are usually the ones that actually have meaning and shed light into the human experience ;)





And here is one other movie that I've always loved for a LONG time "The Good Girl" - it also has Jennifer Anniston in it but I absolutely LOVE this movie and have seen it many times!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Rumor Has It" ain't "Phantasm", so I think I will check it out ... looks pretty funny!!!

Jenn said...

Dad - it IS funny. I think you'd enjoy any of these movies honestly because they are all very humorous - Rumor Has It is the best though :)