Saturday, January 10, 2009

School Starts Tuesday

Tuesday marks my first day of Spring Semester. I've already received a email from one professor saying how hard the class is going to be. He wrote his guidelines and expectations and demanded that if anyone doesn't feel comfortable with those that they might as well get out of the class now, before it starts. I don't really have any other option :P It's the only one that fits into my schedule at the right time AND fulfills a needed requirement. I'm not scared of it. His main demand is that we participate in class every day and be there every day. I think I can handle that. He says we'll be going really slowly while reading because apparently it's the hardest stuff Aristotle ever wrote. Another philosopher compared the readings to eating straw...sooo...whatever that means :P
I'm taking 3 classes but they will be far from easy. These will be my toughest philosophy courses I've ever had, however, I don't believe they will be courses that I cannot handle. Last semester I dealt with other courses I couldn't handle...the computer science and syntax ones. Philosophy is hard for me, but I can do it and that's why I made it my major in the first place, for the challenge.
So, starting next week, my life schedule is going to be jacked up again. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights I'll be stuck at work late into the night and rise again the next day early for school. In a way it is good for me. I like to constantly have something to do. These past few weeks all I've had is work and I've found I get kinda bored sometimes. I even did some craft projects this weekend - I'll post pictures tomorrow. School is good for me because I thrive best on being busy. I have been that way since high school. So, I want to apologize now to my family and friends because I tend to neglect reaching out to people while I'm in school. Perhaps I won't be as stressed out this semester and I'll actually take more time out. Wish me luck during my last semester!!! Only 3.5 months until I graduate!!!

3 comments:

The Bliss Family said...

I hope you do well in your classes! Good luck! I also hope you get to have some time to rest every once in a while!

Jenn said...

Thanks Tessa!! This semester will be easier than the last one BY FAR! I'm excited because my classes are interesting and school will be fun again :)

p2niak said...

So, how's it going so far? I am so happy for you, graduating this May! That is an awesome achievement! I really hope you get into that Master's program, too. It's an emerging field full of opportunity, it's highly specialized stuff, and there's a huge need for it. You'll really be in demand after you finish it! We have a friend who got her PhD in something or other (I can't remember, haha). It was similar to your program - brand new field, not many universities offered it. When she was done, she EASILY landed a sweet post-doc job at Harvard!