Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lady's Surgery

Lady had surgery yesterday. Yes, surgery. They do have to put dogs under anesthesia when they clean their teeth :( I haven't normally called her teeth cleanings surgery in the past, but this time it was. She had 2 cracked teeth - her two biggest molars in the back and they took both of them out. She also had another tooth with a major hole all the way down. They took that out too. I'm not sure when she cracked her teeth - she doesn't eat very hard things at all. During her last cleaning last year she didn't have cracked teeth - we're thinking it just might be her old age. She is 12 years old. She came out of the surgery VERY well...we've done more extensive surgery on her before and she's come out very sloth like...this time she was up and about. She has to eat wet food all week (yuck!). She slept good last night but this morning she seems a bit in pain. She is sitting here in the office with me making weird moaning noises. I did just give her the anti-biotics and pain meds the vet gave us. She has to get both of those twice a day. I wish I didn't have to go to work and school today...Chris and Ramin will have to take care of my Lady.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When I am 84 (12X7 in Lady dog years), if I even live that long, I may not have ANY teeth in my mouth. I am only 54 years old and I have already lost 2 left rear top molars, both left and right first top molars and I now have a cracked bottom right molar.
30 more years to go. I doubt if I can still chew meat by the time I am 64, probable not at 74 and definitely not at 84.

DAD

Jenn said...

HAHAHAHA that is funny Dad - you're right though, I hope my teeth hold out long enough too!