Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Time Fun

Ramin, Chris, Taylor and I all headed out to Kennecott Copper Mine yesterday. We only live about 5 minutes away from it now - literally. I hadn't been there in about 20 years I'd guess and it has definitely changed quite a bit. It was very cool to go up there and check it out. We also spent a lot of time in their little museum thing and I even got some souvenirs from our trip. It was fun stuff! After the mine we all went up to This Is The Place Heritage Park to go through the Haunted Village. It was fun too but we didn't get any pictures. It was a great fall weekend and a great day to be outside!


Ramin and I with the mine pit in the background
Chris, me and Taylor with the mine pit behind

One of the tires of the big dump trucks that they have

Chris and Tay with the big tire

Chris and Tay trying to lift the big tire :P
View of the mine - apparently it's 2.5 miles across!

Their big machine that scoops away at the mountain

Each one of these big huge trucks has 6 of those huge tires!

For comparison, that's what a school bus looks like next to one of those huge trucks!


2 comments:

The Bliss Family said...

I don't think I've ever been to the copper mine...I really want to go. I'll have to convince Ben to take us sometime soon! I hope your little Lady is doing okay. She's such a sweet dog.

Jenn said...

Awww thanks for the well wishes for Lady - she is doing fine. And yeah, your boys will LOVE the mine! Definitely check it out, especially since it's so close!