Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hangin' Tough!

Ok soooo....I was a New Kids on the Block fan back in the day. Not as much as my friend Stephanie was though...she had the New Kids dolls, posters, bed set and videos. We always were around New Kids stuff at her house. One 4th of July - in 1989 - we went as a family to Sugar House Park to watch the fireworks. During that time though, there was also a Disney special on TV celebrating the 4th. Mom recorded it for me and I LOVED it. I played that tape over and over again. I remember so much about it. At the beginning it had all these model ladies dancing around to Madonna's Vogue and Chris even remembers some Ninja Turtle segment. And then of course, there was this segment below:



I cannot even tell everyone how much I loved watching this. I seriously would watch these two songs over and over again. My favorite song was always Hangin Tough. And honestly, this junk was cool back then. Seriously...you all know it was. And now watching it I can't help but laugh. I think Jill, Steph and I may have to hit up the New Kids concert in a few weeks at the E Center. :P

No comments: