Saturday, October 27, 2012

October Phone Photos

I've got LOADS of pictures to post from our trip to Mesa Verde, Colorado last week but before I do that, I'd like to post my recent pictures from my phone. There is a bunch of random stuff in here!

It was Boss' Day the other week. Our small team decided to make our boss Misty a little gift basket with random stuff. We got her Diet Dr. Pepper (her favorite soda), a Fabreeze air freshener to freshen her desk, a "stressless" candle for home, the book "What Color is Your Parachute?" (she likes work psychology books like this), some strawberry shortcake and a Wonder Woman cup because she is Wonder Woman to us! I actually picked out all of these things but my team thought it was good. I also got her a cute balloon bundle to go along with it :) It was fun!

I'm so glad I took some final pictures of the fall colors at our house because we had our first snow of the year this year and now everything is really starting to die and fall off...winter is here!

I cleaned up the back porch and moved all of the tomatoes to the back fence so they'd get more sun. That left additional room on the actual porch for my other plants.

Here are the tomatoes in the sun glory! I tried to get more of them to turn red before the first freeze, but it didn't really happen. You don't even want to see what this bundle looks like now...it's sad :(

This tree started out as a small "weed" according to my Dad almost 5 years ago when we first moved in. Now it's taller than our house! It's amazing and I love it. In the picture you can just start to see the leaves turning yellow - now most of the leaves are on the ground.

This was on our way to Mesa Verde last weekend. The entrance to the canyon near Spanish fork has 8 wind turbines...these things are HUGE and so awesome to look at from the car!

Ramin drove the whole way of course. Here's a shot of him contemplating when to pass the vehicle ahead of us hahahaha....we passed LOTS of cars.

Cool shot of the sunset during our drive in Canyonlands National Park.

This monolith was on the drive between Mesa Verde and Moab....it reminded me of the Sphinx for some reason.


Yesterday (October 26) was eBay Halloween....the day when everyone could dress up and you could bring your kids to work to Trick or Treat - here I am with my teammates (the boys failed to dress up of course!)  Jenn Fairbanks is the creepy Willy Wonka - she even made REAL Wonka Bars with Golden Tickets in them! I was Malice in Wonderland (evil Alice) and Misty was Roz from Monsters Inc. - she did a great job! It was super fun!

Finally....the weather finally cleared up from the snow and most of the snow on the ground in the valley melted away so I took Dingo for a cold weather walk. You can see our Wasatch Mountains in the back capped in snow :)

No comments: