Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!!!




It's always a little sad when the New Year rolls around because you start thinking about the previous year and things you did or didn't accomplish. I'd say 2009 was a pretty good year for me school-wise because I did finally graduate. But I also started up Grad School so in a way my graduation was kind of negated because I went back right away :P

I do like to make resolutions. I know everyone says you never stick to them or they only last a few weeks or months. But for me I've got some pretty good goals I've been planning to accomplish in 2010 for a very long time. Here's a run down of some of my goals:

  • Lose 20 lbs by March just in time for our Dubai trip! I gotta feel confident about myself for the biggest trip of my life!
  • After Dubai, continue weight loss throughout the year. Goal of 130 lbs by the end of the year (VERY doable!)
  • Pay off all of my credit cards! I've been working on this already of course. Since August I've cut my credit card debt in half and Ramin is super proud of me! This goal is REALLY important to me because once we're more financially secure we can really start planning for marriage and babies :)
  • Think before I judge! I've learned a few of these lessons lately and I've been challenging myself to think about people or situations FIRST before I actually judge them - because honestly, many times things aren't always what they appear to be at first glance. 
So those are my main goals. The biggest of course are weight and debt :P That seems to be the
norm for most people, but honestly I really don't feel like my goals are like anyone elses. The key here is that I've ALREADY been working on these goals. It's not like I waited for the New Year to start them. My Resolution is just to continue working at them and keep up my motivation :)

Hope you've got some Resolutions thought out - or not!

Happy New Year 2010!

No comments: