Thursday, January 14, 2010

Updates

I'm exhausted. Physically and mentally. I've been this way for the past 2 weeks, essentially since we all got back to work from the holidays.

Work is just ridiculous. It's so incredibly crazy busy that I cannot even go into detail to try and explain everything. It feels like I'm always saying that work is busy and tiring, but this time it's like a thousand times worse than all of the previous times.

We have a new boss and he's great but our group is only 5 people big and we've been tasked with some majorly HUGE projects at eBay. I mean MAJOR! There is so much to do! I won't be surprised if I put in 50-60 hour work weeks through the end of the month through February. Don't get me wrong, I love having lots to do and the overtime isn't awful either, but it's just really mentally stressful.

I woke up last night at 1 am (after going to bed at 10 pm - I was THAT tired) and I had a MAJOR headache. It was so bad I could barely lay in bed with my eyes closed. I got up and took some Tylenol - it took an hour for it to kick in. I'm not the only one on my team having sleeping problems, we're all plagued by them lately.

I also started school again on Monday. Thank goodness my load won't be hard for the next few weeks. I think I'll be ok cause school is sort of an outlet for me and a mechanism to get away from work. I'm not worried about it, but it's just another stressor.

I just wanted to let everyone that I am alive. I am fine and happy....I'm just BUSY. I'll try to keep up on correspondence but please don't be worried if you don't hear from me in the next few weeks :)

No comments: