Friday, August 21, 2009

Update

So, this week has been busy. Chris and I both took Wednesday off because my mom went into surgery that morning. She's had some problems for many years but only recently was the cause found. She had a rather large pelvic mass in her abdomen. She decided not to biopsy it until after it was taken out. It turns out that it was only a fibroid mass attached to a ligament - fibroid masses are usually non-cancerous. So all is well and she is doing really GREAT! She spent 2 nights in the hospital and I've been helping her when I can. She already says she feels some relief from her related pains she's had all these years. We're all very happy things turned out so well.

Because I took Wednesday off of work for mom's surgery I've been staying at work extra long hours the other days to make up the time. It's been busy and eBay is super crazy right now with things constantly changing.

I also went to an orientation for my master's program Thursday night. I am SO excited to be starting school again. It's so weird because while you're in school all you can think about is getting done with it, but after having a semester off I'm totally ready to begin this new chapter. These classes are so much more specialized and totally what I want to be doing as a career so I am just so excited to get going! My first official class is Tuesday :)

My schedule will actually be very light compared to what I was doing in the last few semesters of my undergrad stuff. I'll still get to work the day shift at work, but on Tuesday and Thursday nights I'll head up to the U from 5-8 pm. Not bad at all!

So that's the update. :)

No comments: