Sunday, August 2, 2009

Anything Goin On?!?!

I've been trying to think of an update but honestly, everything is the same as it has been for the past 2 months - BUSY!! Work is very busy (in a good way of course) and so has the Atmina business. We're coming up to a slower period because we haven't got many scheduled appointments. But we're welcoming the break I think. We're at the point where we REALLY NEED a new camera. And we've already got our choices narrowed down - it will be either the Nikon D5000 or the Nikon D90 - basically very similar cameras. We've done our homework and talked to various photography stores about the cameras and looked at things online. For our price range this is the best we can get. And speaking of price range, the only way we'll be getting this new camera is if we qualify for the business credit card we applied for at Chase. I've pretty much got everything business wise taken care of for Atmina. Checking account, sales tax license, business license from the city of West Jordan and now we're in need of some funds. Don't get me wrong, we've made money so far but a lot of it has gone to more urgent supplies, like creating our OWN backdrop for the studio. An associate at Inkleys gave us the idea so instead of spending $125 for one of theirs that we weren't too fond of, we decided to make our own with supplies from Home Depot :P And it cost less than $100. Jill is in the process of creating it.

Anyway, enough about the business :P Then again, I don't have much to talk about. You might be wondering how I'm going to keep up with things once school starts again in a few weeks. Well I've thought about that. We're hopefully going to find an assistant for Jill to take on photo shoots, and she's going to have to do a lot of them herself. I will probably still have time to be the editor and run all of the business aspects, I just won't have time to be going to all of the shoots. I guess we'll see how it goes as it comes.

I'm now working for eBay at home 2 days a week. I think I posted a bit ago that we've had to move buildings as things expand and we've been crammed into tiny rooms with folding tables for our desks. So our awesome boss got us all laptops and now we can work at home a few days a week. So I work at home Mondays and Fridays. It really helps me out because I save those few hours each day not having to get ready and pack a lunch and drive back and forth. I'm able to actually be MORE productive at home since there is less distraction (hey I like to talk to co-workers :P) and I enjoy just being at home. I hope I'll be able to keep up this routine once school starts as well.

Anyway, that's an update. I'll try and get a picture update of the garden items sometime this week. I always LOVE showing off my plants :P

No comments: