Saturday, August 8, 2009

New/Old Passion

It's no secret I want to have my own invitation business. I've been thinking about it for almost a year now honestly. I've done so much research on what is out there that it's almost overwhelming. Nonetheless, I do know that when I do start my own projects (once the photography thing transitions a bit more to Jill and when I have more extraneous money), I'd like to incorporate handmade stamping into my invitations. In the invitation business, everything is either digitally printed or letterpressed. Digital is cheaper but doesn't offer the handmade feel and letterpress offer the extreme handmade feel but is hella expensive. So I think I want to combine the two. The whole reason I even wanted to do invitations was so I could use my hands and have fun compiling all of the components. I actually like mundane work like that. I always have, ask my mom who used to take me to work with her when I was young. If you needed labels made and stuck on folders, I was all over it!

Anyway, so I've been researching a lot lately about what kind of stamps I'd like to incorporate. I think I'll use my blog to sort of show some of the things that inspire me. Or maybe I'll start a whole NEW blog just for inspirational things - I already follow a lot of blogs dedicated to that sort of thing. So for now I'll just post the few I've found already that I LOVE! I actually have a lot more to post, including stamps from Tim Holtz (note to family, anything gift related should be from Tim Holtz - man I'm the easiest person to shop for hehe).

These stamps I found from Somerset Studio. They create an awesome mixed media and paper magazine. I've purchased it a few times in the past but never really had the will to do much. Now once I get the right supplies I'm totally ready! These stamps here are totally my kinda style!! What do you think?




No comments: