Friday, June 5, 2009

Free Photography!

For as long as Jill and I have been friends we've always wanted to have our own business together. I've wanted my invitation business for a while now (I've blogged about it in the past) and Jill always wanted to do something artistic - she is very talented. For as long as we've been friends she's been taking pictures of us together non-stop! Almost all of the pictures I have of myself were taken by her. The one at the top of my blog is one example ;)

So the time feels right for us now to start making things happen. We're going to start out getting her photography business going. She's already good but of course everything can be improved upon. With the help of Ramin and Chris we're going to build a website but first, we need photo examples to put on the website! Jill is good with outdoor location settings so that's what most of her photos are so far. Eventually we'd like to build a studio in either her house or ours, depending on she moves.

Anyway, we're offering free photo sessions to anyone that is interested. We need to gain experience and hone the skills needed to do this professionally! I'm learning Photoshop again in order to retouch and enhance the photos and Jill will be doing photography classes. We are both totally serious about this. Eventually, once I can afford to buy a nice printer, we'll add in the invitation side of things to our business. So we can produce both wedding photos and invitations!

We've already got one family lined up to take some pictures with (thanks Becky!) and hopefully we'll get some more through word of mouth. I'm using the power of Facebook to advertise this venture as well spreading the word around work! Jill is doing the same with her friends and family!

Wish us luck cause we're in for a long ride! It will be fun though!

Here are some examples of Jill's recent photography!


No comments: