Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wii Fit

Ramin and I have been winning things a lot lately at work. eBay has a carpool contest thing every month...the more you carpool the more entries you have for the contest. Even though we can only carpool 2 days a week, we still make sure we record it every week. So for January they had the drawing and Ramin won! He won a $300 gift certificate to use on eBay. Pretty cool!!

During January they also announced another contest where the employees can come up with the name of the new recognition program. For years we had this program called Rising Results, but now that our company is in Turnaround mode, they needed a new program. So one day Ramin sat and thought about some names. I remember discussing them with him and providing my suggestions. One name was SCORE, but I can't remember the acronym stood for. At eBay we use lots of acronyms, it's like our thing :P The other one he came up with OSCAR. It stands for Outstanding Service to Customer Assistance via Resolution (I think that's the name)....anyway...he ended up winning that contest just the other week. The prize for that was a Wii and a Wii Fit!!! Well we already have a Wii thanks to Chris living with us, so we decided to put the new Wii and the Wii Fit in the spare/workout room! We all tried it out today and it's rather fun! I'll probably be the one using it the most because I use that room most often for my workouts and such.

And finally, just this week they announced the carpool winner for February, and guess who it was?! Yep, ME!! I feel rather weird because I know of a ton of people who actually carpool more than Ramin and I do, but it's actually going to turn out really nicely. I will get my $300 gift certificate to eBay and combined we'll have $600. We plan to buy either a bunk bed or some kind of bed that has a trundle under it. That way we can have sleeping for at least 2 guests if we needed it. Plus, whenever we have kids it would be a great bed for sleep overs!

So that's been my past few weeks!! Life is good...I'm focusing really well in school and at work. I'm also taking the time to improve my health and eat better while also working out :) All is good!

No comments: