Monday, November 17, 2008

Grad School Anyone?

I've settled on it.

*IF* I can get in, I will go to grad school for Instructional Design and Educational Technology at the U. It is offered as part of the Educational Psychology department.

Here are the facts:

- The program is only 2 years long.
- It's only 30 credit hours.
- In Jenn terms, I can finish it in 1 or a 1.5 years.
- The tuition is the same as what I pay now.
- Because it's a technological program, I can get eBay to pay for it.
- The classes are held from 5-8 pm.
- This means I can work like a normal person, during the day.
- When I'm done, I'll have a Masters of Education degree.
- With this, I can either continue on at eBay (we'll see) or I can most likely get a job at a school or school district designing educational programs (this seems more fitting)

If you want the full story of this program - visit here.

This is how I figure. I can either do this and get all of my schooling out of the way before I'm 30...I've be done by 2011. OR, Ramin and I can get married right after I graduate and pop a few kids out. Then I'd have to wait till their in high school or something before I go back to school.

It's fairly obvious what the logical choice is here.

All I need to do is:

- Take the GRE
- Get 3 letters of recommendation (2 teachers, 1 employer)
- Do all the applications and pay the fee

That doesn't sound like much, but it is. This program doesn't have any deadlines like all the other grad programs do - thank goodness. So I can take some time and prepare. Hopefully though, if I plan it all out right, I can start the grad program next Fall of 2009!

So....what do you think?

2 comments:

bob's bs said...

"...pop a few kids out"? Isn't there a bit more to it than that?

Unknown said...

OK, maybe ... if you aren't yet burnt out on academics at UOU! I know you LOVE being a student, but maybe it's time to get on with your LIFE ... ;) before your BIO-CLOCK ticks you into delirium. Trust me, it ain't a cake walk if you plan to raise a child and also work full time. The graduate program sounds 'geeky' to me with a heavy emphasis on computing for IT design. You may wish to delay, defer and/or otherwise put off this ME until you can see a true ROI ($$$) with your double BS in Philosophy and Psychology via e-Bay or some other employer. LOVE YOU ALWAYS ... DAD