Friday, June 20, 2008

The First

So I figured it's time I gave this blog thing a try. My step-dad Bob has one, a few of my childhood friends have one, so why not me? Sometimes it's nice to have a little place of your own to share your ideas and thoughts with those that may actually care to read them. I have a few ideas of how I'll use my blog, it definitely WON'T be for ranting about work though - I've learned via other people's blogs that ranting about work is a BAD IDEA...so I won't do that. BUT, I will use this to share my interests. It's occurred to me lately that my passion for my interests has slowly waned over the past few years. I've sort of given myself up to the interests of others, mainly my brother Chris and my boyfriend Ramin...since they live with me...I see them more than anyone else. And because they're guys, I've spent a lot of time doing what they like...watching sports, watching "their" kind of movies, and just other random junk. I'm trying more to be like myself and do things that really interest me. Reading is one thing...I can really get into some good books. Gardening is another...our new house is a work in progress though. Antiques and historical things are some other passions. It's time I immerse myself in those things again...and blogging about those things is the point of this!

For now, I'll start with the "garden" - if you can call it that. Our front and back yards are really just weeds with bits of grass in between. The oddest thing though, is that last year I noticed the previous owner planted one or two pansy bunches on the side yard...and now this year they've miraculously dispensed themselves all over our back yard planting area! They even landed in the window well (don't mind the trash in there :P) I'm still debating what I will end up doing with all of them. Each day I go out and there's another baby pansy plant popping up. It's amazing! We've decided not to do any major landscaping this year...I only have my containers to garden, but we'll be working on the grass...which needs MAJOR improvement. The pictures included today are of how the yard looks NOW...perhaps there will be progress by the end of summer :)

4 comments:

The Bliss Family said...

I was thinking about you just the other day! I haven't seen you for SO long! I'm glad you found my blog! How are you? How is your mom and your brother? Where do you live? What have you been up to? You look beautiful! Hooray for blogs!

bob's bs said...

Enchanting! Your Mom and I want you to know we both are very supportive of your new blog, and look forward to all of your musings!

ElleBelle said...

Hiya Jenn! I love the blog =)

My computer speaking friend who focuses primarily on web design has been trying to talk me into making one for a while now. Who knows perhaps I will.

I enjoyed reading about your passions! It is so important to live those things daily because the other stuff - in all reality - doesn't really matter.

Take said house and cars for example - If you were able to find a way to live without such material possesions and reduce the "stuff" you could totally find a managable way to do what it is you love without the yuckiness of a job that doesn't work for you. I think people myself included for a long time, get really accustomed to what we think we "need". We really don't need a huge beautiful house or the most fancy of car to survive do we? Why do we want those things? That is a good question to think about. What is it about that stuff that we desire so much? Is it truly what we want for ourself because WE FEEL it? Or is it because we were programmed to beleive it is what we want? I am so proud of you almost finishing school!! I hope when you are done you do something you LOVE because you are PASSIONATE about it. That is an authentic life worth truly living. That is each of our purposes. You have the ability to inspire this world Jenn my friend! Sometimes reducing the clutter and letting go of the "illusion or idea" of the perfect life you will find the answer. Your gardening is a PERFECT example of your nurturing spirit and connection with our mother earth. Have you ever thought about a small vegetable garden? Organic foods are really the most delicious and I am sure yours would thrive.

Just putting stuff out there for you to think about my dear friend. I love you and miss you and am glad to see you are doing so well!! *hugs and kisses*

Crackerjack said...

Boy our yard looks like crap from those pictures! We need to rent a damn trencher and dig it all up. And yes I'm finally reading your blog :)