Friday, May 28, 2010

Flowers, dogs and life!

Finally, an update! I've been taking pictures over the last few weeks, I just haven't had the opportunity to post them up - so now I'm taking that opportunity! Remember, you can click on these pictures if you want to see them bigger!

Work is by no means any less hectic right now. I've had some dreams of vultures lately and apparently the symbolism of them means that I need to keep my patience and be resourceful. So in terms of what I'm actually responsible for now, I'm being as resourceful as possible and working smarter, not harder ;)  And in terms of what will eventually happen at work, I'm just being patient ;)

Since it's actually acting like Springtime in Utah, I've been able to finally plant some flowers and Ramin and Chris have done some great work in the yard! I already posted the pictures of Chris and Ramin prepping the areas for the new trees to go but here are the pictures of the trees actually planted!


So we have a tree in each corner of the yard (East and West). And Ramin also attached some new trellis' to the fence. At the base of each trellis he also planted some Jasmine vines (Ramin really loves Jasmine because it reminds him of Florida). We also bought some Rose bushes we're going to plan sometime this weekend as well.

I love Springtime trees so here is what the tree in our front yard looked like a few weeks ago:



And as is my usual practice, here are the starter flower pots for this season. This isn't all of them because I just got started, but it will be fun to see how much they grow over the summer!


I also did some spring cleaning a few weeks ago as well. I wish I would remember to take some "before" type of pictures because if you could see the mess beforehand it would lend to more appreciation of the final product. But alas, no before picture. Instead, here's the final picture of my newly cleaned out pantry. I actually bought some new containers and shelving to go in there so it's been really helpful so far!




And last, but certainly NOT least, WE GOT A NEW DOG!!  His name is Dingo and he is 2 years old!

Isn't he super cute?!?! He is an Austrailian Cattle Dog mix...we think he may be mixed with Border Collie because of his black coloring and face mask. He is so sweet and smart!

We got him exactly one week ago today. Lady went to the vet last Friday for her usual comprehensive exam. When we went to go pick her up at the Petsmart Banfield vet, I noticed that the adoption people put the animals in a different section of the store, right next to the vet!! Usually I avoid looking at the adoption animals because it breaks my heart too much, but this time I couldn't avoid it. And the first thing I saw was Dingo looking at me from his cage.

For the last few weeks I'd really been thinking about Belle and how we need a companion for her since Lady doesn't play with her at all and because Lady is getting so old. To make a long story short, we brought Belle into the store and introduced her to Dingo and they've loved each other ever since! They are always play fighting or making out with each other - I'm serious!  I'm going to have to post the videos of them doing both because it's hilarious!  They cuddle with each other and just love it - they are basically the same size.  The only issue we've had revolves around the toys. Belle is SUPER possessive so we'll have to work with her hard over the next few months getting her to adjust.


Lady is sometimes annoyed with both of these crazy dogs but otherwise she is fine. She has developed a heart murmur that the vet informed me about, but I can't really do much about it. As long as Lady is comfortable and acting like her usual self I'm not going to stress too much. At least now she gets more attention because the other dogs are usually outside playing around in the yard :)


This is Belle's classic look - like she's mad at you or something!


The dogs play fighting - one of them always has their mouth on the other!

No comments: