Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Time!

I only have one more day of class left for the semester! Wooohooo I made it through my first semester of Grad school :) I just have one paper to write but I don't think it will be too difficult. It's MAJORLY cold in Utah right now. When I was driving home last night the car temp read 7 degrees outside. YES, 7 degrees! We have lots of snow and it's super cold but it seems rather ok. I'm saying that now of course, I'm sure in a few weeks I'll be sick of the snow :P

Anyway, on to the happenins. Over Thanksgiving we had the chance to babysit a dog for one of Ramin's friends. This friend actually was the one who gave us Belle and he watches her sometimes when we go out of town, so it's only fitting that we watch their dog. OH MY GOSH - this dog was the cutest, cuddly little thing alive! Her name is Kitty and she's a Shih-Tzu. Keeeee-utest thing ever! I LOVED watching her cause she cuddled with me ALL of the time. I got some cute pictures of her before she left our house. Ramin thought she was ugly but I don't care what he thinks, she's super cute.


Also, I'm not setting up my tree this year. I'm just not into it I guess. It's just so much work and I don't think anyone really cares hahaha...it would be one thing if we had kids to decorate it with and they could have it for memories, but with just us (me, Ramin, Chris and Babak) there's really no point because all of those guys really don't care and I'd have to do all of the work so I just didn't feel like it. BUT, I did do something, I decorated the entrance table and I did put some lights outside around the door and railings. So I did something and I feel good about that because it's all we really need ;)


So next week I'll officially be DONE with school - not that I have much to complain about. This semester has infinitely been the easiest semester of my life and I have no idea why. Possibly because the work was actually fun and they give more leeway to grad students? I dunno.

Oh yeah! Ramin and I are going to Dubai in mid-March!! His cousin is getting married there and a lot of Ramin's family from his mom's side will be there too! We are both super excited for this!! In preparation for this, I have been on a strict diet for the last 3 weeks. Well I'm in my 3rd week now. I started it the week of Thanksgiving (crazy I know)...but so far I've lost 4 lbs which is 2 lbs a week. My goal is to lose 10 lbs a month until the trip. I could go all into my plan for how I'm doing it but I won't right now. Just know that this time it's working and I'm super pumped and excited because every day I make a little more progress!!

Ok thats all for now!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I like your entry table!

Awesome on the new diet, way to go! Dont' forget to track your inches.. when I was actively losing weight I had some weeks where I didn't lose much but the inches were down and then the following week I had a big drop.

Anyway, yay for school too. :o)