Monday, September 21, 2009

Organization & Planning

For part of this weekend I spent some time organizing my little "craft area" downstairs. This is technically supposed to be part of the portrait studio we set up in the empty area we have in the basement, but since the studio isn't getting much use I decided I actually needed to utilize the space better. I also decided that because I was sick of my dining room table always being messy with my scrapbook and crafty stuff! Anyway, here is the progression:

Started out as a mess of course


And here is the table after organization ;)


Ribbon and ink bins


Flowers and color swatches boxes


I absolutely LOVE my new paper organizer. I found this thing for $5 at Big Lots!


I started creating my idea books for my papery projects. Slowly but surely I'll build up my ideas and portfolio. For now, I have my favorite book (below) to drool over and flip through.


My handy storage cases.



And how would a craft room organization update be complete with some inspirational and wishful thinking?!?! These rooms are just AWESOME and I hope someday I'll be able to create a space like these. Having so much color in a place can really inspire you to be creative! These rooms are my ultimate dream!



3 comments:

Becky said...

Ooohhh, I love, I love!!

Good job! It looks so organized and I love all the cool things you have. It will be easy to keep it that way. NICE!!

I saw on a blog where a lady had a dresser where she took the drawers out (she made it shelving). Then she painted the drawer and put cute scrapbook paper in the back and then she put wooden dowels or those spring tension rods in and ta-da she had a cute display for her ribbon. I wish I could remember which blog to show you. It was so cute though!

JennMatt said...

SIGH! Soon I too will have a place to scrapbook and be crafty. SIGH again! I love your dream rooms ... maybe someday....someday for us both:)

Jenn said...

Becky! If you can find that blog let me know. I'm always on the lookout for fun ideas. And Jenn, we can help each other create fun rooms sometime!