Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hawk Landing


Had one of these land on our porch this morning. I was sitting at the dining room table working on my laptop and I happened to see this HUGE bird land on top of my hanging flower basket. It landed on the arm that holds the basket. It was facing me through the window and all I could do was stare back! It was so amazing cause the bird was so HUGE! I am just in love with birds, especially all of the hawks we have around here. Ramin will tell you, anytime I see a hawk flying around I say "There's the hawk!" and I always say THE hawk as if there's only one :P I love them. So anyway, at first I didn't think it really was a hawk that landed because I thought his beak was too small. But after doing some research looking at birds trying to figure out which bird it was, I realized that it really was hawk! I wish I had the camera with me, but I didn't want to move from my seat for fear I would scare the bird.


It was a cool memory. Maybe I'll catch him again someday ;)

1 comment:

The Bliss Family said...

I can just picture you getting all excited about seeing "the hawk!" That is really cool that it landed right there if front of you!