Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pacific Northwest Trip: Day 5

By Day 5 we were in Vancouver and had met up with Fati's friend Mahin. She lived in North Vancouver and took us to the Capilano Suspension Bridge park - FUN!

My forehead was still burnt and even more itchy

The bridge looks longer than I remember!

The bridge made me sick  It was hard to walk and not hold on to the rail.

Ramin's wingspan isn't quite as large as a Candian Goose  Or maybe it was the Eagle - can't recall.

Up in one of the tree walks.

Fati and me 

Found a sunny spot! 

Heading toward the cliff walk.

On the cliff walk. We have no fear of heights! 

With Ramin's dad 

Had to get a picture with the Canadian Mounty Bear! 

Cleaveland Dam - apparently it played a role in Twilight when Bella jumped off the cliff - I can see why 

Lion's Gate bridge - view from Stanley Park (Vancouver's version of Central Park)

The cute horse carriage in Stanley Park 

All of us at a garden in Stanley Park - thanks to Mahin for taking this picture! Queen Elizabeth Park

Fati and Mahin in Queen Elizabeth Park

We went to the Bloedel Conservatory and loved ALL of the birds. This was Art...he was one of my favorites. I love Blue and Golds.

Is this a canary? I can't recall...don't know my small birds well enough  

This was Monty. I LOVED him! He is a Princess of Wales Parakeet. I am totally going to have one someday. He is so dang cute!!! 

Green Eclectus...can't remember his name. It's in the pamphlet hidden under the mountain of stuff we brought back

Red Eclectus and I know her name was Ruby. She was beautiful but she also seemed stressed out...we watched her for a long while.

Two scarlet macaws. They were so cute preening each other! 

No comments: