Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pacific Northwest Trip: Day 3

The day after our climb we headed over to the official visitor center for Mt. St. Helens. This picture was taken on our way to the Johnston Ridge Observatory.

 Cool bridge over one of the rivers

Me and mountain behind me. Don't mind my burnt face...I put sunscreen on during our climb, but it obviously wasn't enough due to the reflection of the snow all day.

Mt. Saint Helens in the background. Our faces look weird because I had to adjust the lighting on this....a random lady took this picture of us.

This was taken from the Johnston Ridge Observatory. Probably one of my favorite shots of the mountain. This is the opposite side of what we climbed. We climbed the backside of the mountain and we started out a lot lower than what this picture makes it out to be.

Next we headed on to Mt. Rainier National Park. This was called Christine Falls.

A nice guy on a motorcycle took a picture of us with the peak. We looked but couldn't find any climbers - I'm sure they were there somewhere!

For comparison, Mt. St. Helens is about 8,400 feet in elevation. Mt. Rainier is about 14,400 feet!

This was on the Grove of the Patriarchs Trail.

I can't recall the name exactly but these were twin trees. 

Ramin with the twins

I think this was called Big Cedar or something to that effect.

Roots of a toppled over tree!

Ramin walking back across the suspension bridge

And of course, the typical park entrance photo. Sorry for the blurriness.

We drove from Mt. Rainier to Seattle where we made the 7PM Underground Tour. Very cool tour indeed - learned a lot about the history of Seattle.

The old Smith building. My favorite one in the city.

We drove up to Queen Anne Hill and took this lovely picture. I LOVED those houses up on that hill!



No comments: