Saturday, February 26, 2011

Updates

Ramin has been sick this week. He took the last 3 days off from work and stayed home. This morning he told me that he started noticing blood in his mucus yesterday and its been continuing and he thought he should go to the doctor. I agreed and we headed to InstaCare. It turns out that he must have just really irritated the capillaries in his nose and that was causing all of the blood. The doctor prescribed him some amoxicillin anyway in case he does have an infection. I've been thinking I may end up getting sick myself so I've been trying to rest up as well. I went to bed really early on Thursday and Friday nights. I *really* don't want to get sick :)

Our dog Dingo also went to the Vet last week because he needed his ear checked out. Since we've had him he's been getting progressively worse - he used to just yelp if you rubbed his right ear too hard. And then he would start scratching his own ear and yelping because he would hurt himself. So finally, last weekend he woke Ramin up one night just yelping a lot. So we figured it was time to take him in - we probably waited too long but we had hoped it would get better on its own.

The Vet and Vet-techs swabbed his ear and looked at the results in the micro-scope. He has a big time yeast infection in his ear. So they showed us how to clean it out and how to apply the medication. In all my life of owning pets I've never once had to deal with any ear issues so it was kind of interesting for me to learn about it all. The entire trip cost us about $100 including the visit, ear cleaner and medication. I've been cleaning Dingo's ear out every day and we have a follow-up appointment with the Vet on Monday to check on his progression. I can already tell it's made a world of difference and I'm sure Dingo appreciates it.

Work is going good. I have LOADS to do, which is great job-security right? I am spending this weekend reading some Instructional Design books I purchased on my own - for my own education. I am also taking some time to learn a software program called Camtasia that I am going to use at work to create some online instructional tutorials. This whole thing is also beneficial for school because my final school project is actually a project I need to do for work anyway - I love killing multiple birds with one stone :)

So that's the update. Not much to report. It's been snowing on and off here in Utah. I haven't taken any pictures recently otherwise I'd post them up. I'm hoping as the time turns into Spring I'll have the time to work on my garden and post up progression pictures as usual :)

No comments: