Monday, October 28, 2013

October Update

First of all, I can now officially share my good news on this blog - WE ARE EXPECTING A BABY!!

I did set up a new blog strictly dedicated to documenting my pregnancy and family matters. I think that perhaps I may end up switching solely over to that blog to document our family because it's more fitting.

Here is how to access it: http://gilbertfamilygrowth.blogspot.com/

For now I'll still keep this blog going - I've had it since 2008 or something but as I transition from a merely married woman to a mom, I may change my mindset and want to stick to a more family-oriented blog :)

Anyway - here are the random pictures from the past month!

In September, Ramin was changing the brakes on the car. It was the FIRST time they've needed to be changed in over 5 years and so you can imagine how tight the bolts were on the car after that amount of time. He was putting all of his weight into getting one of them off and slipped, doing this to his finger. NOT pretty!


We decided that it was bad enough to actually go to InstaCare to get it fixed. I took Ramin and here he is soaking his finger in some soapy water. The doctor ended up numbing his finger and then he was able to pull the skin back over the nail - which is why it looks so ugly. His nail is still black and blue today...but the skin is all healed :)

In early October we drove down to Las Vegas to meet up with Ramin's parents. They flew out from FL for a few days. Here we are a Hoover Dam - somewhere his Dad had never visited. We took the power plant tour and it was fun :)

Me and Fati at the Wynn garden.

This was at The Cosmopolitan mall I think...or Crystals Mall....they were cool little tornado things.

Back at home we had some AWESOME Fall colors in our yard. I just LOVED how red our fire bushes get!

One morning we had an early snow. It melted the same day but the dogs were happy to see it!

A few weeks ago some of the girls set up a cookie decorating day. We learned how to use royal icing and we made Halloween cookies.

We were silly :P

Another shot of Belle tucking herself into bed. Yes, the bed was made before she got in there!

This past weekend was spent time doing the last yardwork of the year. Our big yellow Maple dropped the rest of it's leaves AFTER we cleaned them up...so now we have another large pile, but our trash is full. :)

And I took final pictures of my roses. Too bad we're going to get a cold snap this week and they'll start to die.

That's it for now! Check on the other blog for pregnancy updates!!

No comments: