Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

This past 4-day weekend was probably one of the most productive ones I've had in a really long time! My mom, Bob and Taylor all came over for Thanksgiving dinner, along with my mom's friend Melanie and her son. Melanie and I are also friends from work as well so it was really cool :) Dingo wanted to take a nap...on top of Bob and I captured the photo:



I also spent some time catching up on work-work. That part wasn't fun but I did end up spending a few hours on Saturday prepping for my Instructional Designer interview I have at eBay on Tuesday. It just so happens that my preparation for the interview can also act as my final project for one of my classes at school - I love killing two birds with one stone! I put together a rather large portfolio of my work and ideas so that I can give it to the interviewers on Tuesday. I feel really prepared and I'm really hoping I can get the job because this is what I've been working for the past 2 years really :) Here is a glimpse at my preparation:


And finally, today. I put up our minimal Christmas decorations. I haven't been in the mood to put up the entire Christmas tree the past 2 years because I don't really feel it's necessary. I'll start putting it up again when there are kids around to actually enjoy it. For now though, we at least have our mini-tree and our Christmas table - as usual. This year I made it a bit different and more colorful. The two bright cones are ones I actually made out of felt - they turned out cute!


And on Friday we will be flying out to Florida to visit Ramin's family and my Grandma! Should be fun times! :)

No comments: