Sunday, October 25, 2009

Potions & Spells

I made some additions to my Halloween display this year. I found these cute ideas from another blog I visit a lot and I decided to adopt some of the ideas for my own house! I went to the DI (Deseret Industries, which is basically like the Salvation Army only it's run by the LDS church here in Utah) and found some cool glass containers and then Chris and I also went to the Antique Show a few weekends ago and found some cool old bottles! I think I'll start trying to collect cool old bottles so my collection will really look old and complete next year!

Anyway, I made the labels and then created each bottle/jar in it's own way. The labels speak for themselves. For the Fur of Werewolf I just cut some of Lady's scruff from her face and put it in the bottle :P Let me know what you think if you like them! I think they're super cute!

2 comments:

The Bliss Family said...

What a clever idea! Cute tags too. :)

Becky said...

LOVE it! Makes me almost wish I didn't have kids that would want to play in it/spill/drink/who-knows-what with them. I'm going to watch this year for jars like this so I can try for it next year. oOo maybe empty wine bottles that I could put the cork back in!! HMMM......